On your mobile phone open the Microsoft Authenticator app, select add an account. Select Work or school account. Select Scan a QR Code. Scan the QR image on the Configure mobile app screen with your mobile phone and click Next .
How do I set up Microsoft Authenticator on my new phone?
To set up the Microsoft Authenticator app on a new phone, follow these steps:
- Open your phone’s app store (Google Play or the Apple App Store)
- Find the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Install the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Log in to your Microsoft Authenticator account on the new device.
How do I add an account to Microsoft Authenticator?
Add your work or school account
Open the Microsoft Authenticator app, select Add account from the Customize and control icon in the upper-right, and then select Work or school account. Select OR ENTER CODE MANUALLY. Enter the Code and URL from Step 1, and then select Finish.
How do I scan a QR code in Outlook?
When the add-in is loaded, you access QR Coder through the Add-Ins tab of the Ribbon. With an Outlook item selected, such as a contact, calendar item, or task, the QR Coder Generate button is available in the Add-Ins menu. Figure 2 shows the QR code created when I clicked Generate for a basic contact.
Can Microsoft authenticator be used instead of Google Authenticator?
Google and Microsoft authenticators are the two most popular authenticators and are available for Android and iOS devices. You can use the two authenticators interchangeably, or even install them on the same mobile device.
How do I test my Microsoft Authenticator?
Check the box for Authenticator app or Token, and then click Set up Authenticator app.
- Wait for configuration pop-up box. You should see a window on your computer that looks like this.
- Add account to Microsoft Authenticator. Open the Microsoft Authenticator app on your phone. …
- Approve sign in on your phone. …
- Finish set up.
What works with Microsoft Authenticator?
The Microsoft Authenticator app is available for Android and iOS. You can use the app with a mobile phone or a tablet. Learn what it’s like to sign in and how you can backup and recover account credentials. If you need more security, you can require a password along with your fingerprint, face recognition, or PIN.
Does Microsoft Authenticator monitor your phone?
Your organization cannot see your personal information when you enroll a device with Microsoft Intune. When you enroll a device, you give your organization permission to view certain pieces of information on your device, such as device model and serial number.
How do I scan QR codes?
How to Scan a QR code on an Android Phone
- Open the Camera app on your Android phone. You can open the camera app by swiping up from the bottom of your screen. …
- Then point your Android phone at the QR code to scan it. …
- Finally, tap the pop-up banner.
Does Microsoft have a QR code generator?
QR Code Generator for Windows 10 is the best of its class to generate QR code. It is light weight, fast and easy to use. Customize the size of your QR code as per your requirement. Create QR Code for free text, URL, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instragram, Email template, Phone number and SMS.