Duo supports standalone, one-time password hardware tokens for two-factor authentication. A hardware token is a small device on which a passcode is generated and then used to authorize access to protected applications and websites through the Duo prompt. Tokens can be used if you are traveling internationally.
How do I activate Duo token?
Log in to the Duo Admin Panel and click 2FA Devices in the left sidebar, then click Hardware Tokens in the submenu. Click the Import Hardware Tokens button. Select the type of token to import from the drop-down menu and then paste in the token information in CSV format.
How do I use duo authentication?
Select the device you want to use and then choose your authentication method. Pushes a login request to your phone or tablet (if you have Duo Mobile installed and activated on your iOS, Android, or Windows Phone device). Just review the request and tap Approve to log in. Authenticate via phone callback.
What is soft token and Hard token?
Hard tokens are physical objects used to grant access to a restricted digital asset. Soft tokens also grant access to digital assets. But soft tokens are pieces of software, which makes them intangible. Both hard tokens and soft tokens can be part of a two-factor or multifactor authentication system.
Can you use duo on two devices?
Duo lets you link multiple devices to your account, so you can use your mobile phone and a landline, a landline and a hardware token, two different mobile devices, etc.
Can Duo Mobile track your phone?
Does installing Duo Mobile give up control of my phone? No. Duo Mobile has no more access or visibility into your phone than any other app. Duo Mobile cannot read your emails/texts or track your location, it cannot see your browser history or pictures, and it requires your permission to send notifications.
How do I generate a duo code?
Obtaining a Passcode from the Duo Mobile App
- Open the Duo Mobile app from your mobile device.
- In the Duo Mobile app, tap on the down-pointing arrow. You should see a six-digit code displayed, as shown in the example below. …
- Enter the passcode in the Duo screen on your computer to complete the Duo login request.
How do I convert my RSA hard token to soft token?
- Download the RSA SecurID Software Token Converter 3.1 .zip file.
- Navigate to the directory where the TokenConverter310.zip file is located or move the .zip to another directory.
- Unzip the folder contents. …
- On the Security Console, assign a software token to a user then distribute it as a file-based token.
How secure are RSA tokens?
Token codes are easily stolen, because no mutual-authentication exists (anything that can steal a password can also steal a token code). … While RSA SecurID tokens offer a level of protection against password replay attacks, they are not designed to offer protection against man in the middle type attacks when used alone.
How long does RSA token battery last?
Token codes cannot be re-used. The Token hardware cycles those codes every 60 seconds. Once a code has been used you must wait for the display to change the tokencode in order to login elsewhere.
Is RSA Token free?
RSA SecurID Pricing Overview
There is a free version. RSA SecurID offers a free trial.
How does a soft token work?
Soft tokens are software programs, typically downloadable mobile authenticator applications, such as RapidIdentity Mobile or Google Authenticator, that effectively turn a user’s device into an OTP generator. The setup process entails the server generating a secret key.
How do I install an RSA token?
To install the RSA SecurID application directly on the iPhone:
- Tap the App Store icon on your iPhone.
- Select Search and enter RSA SecurID.
- Select the RSA SecureID application and install it.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID or iTunes account credentials.