Once a 2FA app is installed on your PC, you’ll be free to use Google Authenticator on Windows to sign into your Google account without needing a smartphone. This gives you a 2FA backup device, offering peace of mind that you won’t be locked out of your Google account, even if you lose your smartphone.
How do I use Google Authenticator on my laptop?
Set up Google Authenticator
- On your device, go to your Google Account.
- At the top, in the navigation panel, tap Security.
- Under “Signing in to Google,” tap 2-Step Verification. …
- In the “Add more second steps to verify it’s you” section, under “Authenticator app,” tap Set up.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
How do I use Google Authenticator on Windows 10?
Use Authenticator to Generate 2FA Codes on Windows 10
- Open Google Chrome on your PC.
- Head over to the Authenticator page on the Chrome Web Store, and click the Add to Chrome button.
- Click Add extension in the prompt.
- Once the extension is installed, click the Authenticator icon in the top bar.
Is there an Authenticator app for PC?
If you wish to install an authenticator app on your computer, consider these options: Authy: It is available for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux computers, as well as a Chrome extension. … You may use this on either Windows or Mac OS provided you use Chrome as your web browser. WinAuth: This is available for Windows PCs.
How do I get Google Authenticator code without phone?
Click on your profile photo in the upper-right side of your Gmail page, click the “My Account” button and then click “Signing into Google.” Enter your account password if asked, and click “2-Step Verification” on the next screen. On the 2-Step Verification page, you can create and print a set of backup codes.
How do I use Google Authenticator for Windows login?
How to use Google Authenticator app to log in to your PC?
- Launch in your phone the Google Authenticator application and scan the barcode. …
- Optionally you may enter your current Windows password – if you want to replace your Windows login & pwd with only OTP code. …
- Click Enable OTP login button.
Is Windows 10 Authenticator available for PC?
Microsoft Authenticator app now available for Windows 10 devices – MSPoweruser.
How do I download Authenticator to my computer?
How to Download Google Authenticator on PC
- Search Google Authenticator in Google Play.
- Download and Install Google Authenticator.
- Enjoy playing Google Authenticator on PC with MEmu.
Can I log into Windows 10 with Authenticator?
Go to your personal Microsoft account sign-in page, and then instead of typing your password, select the Use the Microsoft Authenticator app instead link. Microsoft sends a notification to your phone. Approve the notification.
Google Authenticator protects your Google account from keyloggers and password theft. With two-factor authentication, you’ll need both your password and an authentication code to log in. The Google Authenticator app runs on Android, iPhone, iPod, iPad and BlackBerry devices.
What happens if I lose my Google Authenticator device?
If you have lost or your phone was stolen, anyone may now generate new tokens using your Google Authenticator app. Yes, they are useless without the password but don`t take the risk and reset the Authenticator App in your Google Account 2-Step Verification settings.
Can I access Google Authenticator Online?
You need to enter the regular password and a one-time password generated on your phone (or tablet) to log into any online account* where 2-step authentication is enabled. …