Can you change your Apple ID email without losing everything?
If you no longer use the email address that’s associated with your Apple ID, you can change it. You won’t lose access to your contacts, purchases, or other account information.
Can you change Apple ID email address?
To get started, head to appleid.apple.com and sign in. Next, click “Edit” in the “Account” section of the page. Under your Apple ID, click “Change Apple ID.” Type the email address you want to use as your new Apple ID, and then click “Continue.”
Can I delete my Apple ID and make a new one with the same email?
Answer: A: You cannot. As explained when you requested the deletion, that act is permanent. That AppleID and email can never be used again with Apple as login credentials for Apple services.
Why can’t I change my Apple ID to another email?
As such, unfortunately currently it is not possible to change an Apple ID’s name/primary email from a third party email address to an iCloud email address (i.e. to the same iCloud email address that is already associated with/an alias for that Apple ID).
How do I transfer everything from one Apple ID to another?
If you have a computer, you can utilize iCloud.com to transfer data from one Apple ID to another.
- Visit iCloud.com and sign in to Apple account A.
- Choose Contacts, Calendars or other options (Here we choose Contacts.) > Preview and select the items you need and save them to computer.
How do I remove an email from my Apple ID?
Delete an additional email address
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
- Click Edit in the Account section.
- To delete one of your additional email addresses, click next to the address.
How do I create a new Apple email address?
Create an Apple ID on your Mac
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Click Sign In.
- Click Create Apple ID, then follow the onscreen steps. …
- Enter your credit card and billing information, then click Continue. …
- Check your email for a verification email from Apple and verify your email address.
How do I change my Apple ID email on my iPhone?
How To Change Your Apple ID Email Address
- Go to appleid.apple.com, click Manage Your Apple ID, and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click edit to the right of your email address under the section called Apple ID and Primary Email Address.
- Enter your new Apple ID email address.
- Click Save.
How do I change my Apple ID address?
In a web browser, go to https://appleid.apple.com.
- Enter your Apple ID and password to sign in.
- In the Payment & Shipping section, click Edit.
- Enter a new payment method, billing address, or both. …
- Click Save.
- On this screen, you can also change your email address, Apple ID password, and other information.
What happens if I create a new Apple ID?
It is not possible to merge one Apple ID with another, or to transfer content purchased/downloaded with one Apple ID to another. If you download any apps with the new Apple ID, you will need to use your existing Apple ID and password to install app updates for all apps that were downloaded with your existing Apple ID.
What happens if you delete Apple ID email?
You will not receive messages sent to your account via iMessage, FaceTime, or iCloud Mail. You will not be able to sign in or use services such as iCloud, iTunes, Apple Books, the App Store, Apple Pay, iMessage, FaceTime, and Find My iPhone. Your data associated with Apple services will be permanently deleted.
Can I create a new Apple ID if I forgot my old one?
Open the web browser of choice and go to this Apple iForgot website at https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid. Enter the first and last name associated with the Apple ID, your current email address, and any and all prior email addresses to start the reset process.
Can you use Gmail for Apple ID?
You can use any email address for a new Apple ID. You can also change an existing Apple ID from one third-party address to another, like from @hotmail.com to @gmail.com.
What do I do if my Apple ID no longer exists?
Apple ID accounts never die; they exist forever. Even if the email address changes, the account remains. And purchases made with an Apple account remain with that account forever. So you will have to delete all content purchased or downloaded with that account, and re-purchase it.