How does JMeter handle Windows authentication?
For Windows authentication types you need to provide at least:
- for NTLM: Domain.
- for Kerberos: Realm. Kerberos mechanism. Perform JAAS configuration in krb5. conf and jaas. conf files (both in /bin folder of your JMeter installation)
How do I pass NTLM authentication in JMeter?
JMeter provides HTTP Authorization Manager which deals with Basic, NTML and Kerberos authentication types, just add it to your Test Plan and provide username, password and domain there, JMeter will automatically build the relevant Authorization header and add it to your request(s).
How does JMeter handle Kerberos authentication?
There are 2 files under /bin folder of the JMeter installation which are used for Kerberos configuration:
- krb5. conf – file of . ini format which contains Kerberos configuration details.
- jaas. conf – file which holds configuration details of Java Authentication and Authorization service.
As the response code is 401, JMeter might take it as a service access error. To avoid that please check Ignore Status checkbox so that the 401 Code won’t raise an error (as it is an expected result). Add a pattern with Add button and enter 401 (unauthorized), to verify that the response code equals 401.
JMeter Authorization with access token
- 1) Add HTTP Request Sampler – In HTTP Request Control Panel, the Path field indicates which URL request you want to send.
- To add: Right-click on Thread Group and select: Add -> Sampler -> HTTP Request.
- Add valid credentials in the parameters section.
How do I add login credentials in JMeter?
To set up jmeter to access an https url: Create an HTTP Request Defaults with your server name. In the parameters section, add the params you need to log in in the section called Send Parameters with the request. In my case I had to send a username and password param exactly as its defined in my login form.
What does Ntlm stand for?
Windows New Technology LAN Manager (NTLM) is a suite of security protocols offered by Microsoft to authenticate users’ identity and protect the integrity and confidentiality of their activity.
How does JMeter handle token expiration?
- Switch from setUp Thread Group for “LoginAPI” to normal Thread Group and configure it to run either desired number of iterations or forever.
- Add Flow Control Action sampler to the end of the “LoginAPI” thread group and configure it to “sleep” for i.e. 25 minutes.
What is HTTP header manager in JMeter?
The HTTP Header Manager lets you customize what information JMeter sends in the HTTP request header. This header includes properties like “User-Agent”, “Pragma”, “Referer”, etc.
What is realm in JMeter?
The realm value (case-sensitive), in combination with the canonical root URL of the server being accessed, defines the protection space. These realms allow the protected resources on a server to be partitioned into a set of protection spaces, each with its own authentication scheme and/or authorization database.
The HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) 401 Unauthorized client error status response code indicates that the client request has not been completed because it lacks valid authentication credentials for the requested resource.