After making a backup, go to Settings > General > Reset. Choose Erase All Content and Settings. Enter your Apple ID password and device passcode when prompted.
How do I get rid of update Apple ID settings?
Therefore, when you encounter the “Update Apple ID Settings” issue, just tap the settings, and then click “Update Apple ID Settings”. Next, tap on the continue button and type your Apple ID password. Then the “Update Apple ID Settings” notification prompt will be gone now.
Why does my iPhone keep telling me to update Apple ID settings?
Your iPhone says “Update Apple ID Settings” because you have to sign into your Apple ID again to keep using certain account services. Updating Apple ID settings will allow you to keep using those services. Most of the time, this just means you have to reenter your Apple ID password on your iPhone!
How do I clean up my Apple ID?
How to Remove Your Apple ID from Your iPhone
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone. …
- Then tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen. …
- Next, tap iTunes & App Store.
- Then tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Next, tap View Apple ID. …
- Then tap Remove this Device. …
- Tap the back button to go back to your Apple ID page.
Why is my Apple ID settings not updating?
A possible quick fix is signing out and back in to iCloud.com then restarting your device. But, see Update Apple ID Settings stuck https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7934284. Some have been able to fix the problem one way or another.
How do I get rid of update Apple ID settings notification Mac?
Step 1: Open System Preferences, then click Apple ID. Step 2: Click iCloud in the left-hand column, then scroll down to Keychain. Untick the checkbox to its left to disable it.
Why is my iPad stuck on updating Apple ID settings?
It’s possible that the Settings app isn’t responding to your request, and often a force close can help with this type of app issue: Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch . If you still have an issue after that, please try to reinstall the iOS software on your iPhone.
How do I turn off Apple ID suggestions?
Here’s what you do to turn them off:
- Open Settings.
- Tap your name at the top of the screen.
- Choose “Name, Phone Numbers, Email”
- Scroll down and turn off the toggles for “Apps,” “Announcements” and “Apple News Updates.”
Can I change my Apple ID without losing everything?
When you change your Apple ID, you will not lose any data. If you create a new Apple ID, that will cause you to have to start over and lose everything that you purchased with that ID.
How do I change my Apple ID password without knowing my password?
If you can’t change or reset your password
- Go to iforgot.apple.com.
- Enter your Apple ID. …
- Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
- Choose to answer your security questions, get an email, or enter your Recovery Key.* Learn what to do if you don’t receive your verification or reset email.
Why does my old Apple ID keep showing up?
Question: Q: my old apple id keeps popping up
You will need to completely sign out of the old Apple ID. Sign in with the new Apple ID. Remember, any app you pull up that was originally loaded under the old Apple ID will cause the old Apple ID to appear. Best to get rid of those and re-download the apps.
How do I reset my Apple ID on my iPhone?
Accounts with two-step verification
- Go to your Apple ID account page and click “Forgot Apple ID or password.”
- Enter your Apple ID, select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue. …
- Enter your Recovery Key for two-step verification.*
- Choose a trusted device. …
- Enter the verification code.
Can I delete my Apple ID and make a new one?
Answer: A: You cannot delete an Apple ID. But you can change an associated email address or create a new one.
Why is my Apple ID not working on my iPhone?
Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or PC has a strong Internet connection and that you’ve turned on cellular data on your iPhone or iPad by going to Settings > Cellular or Mobile Data. If this setting is off, you might not be able to access your Apple ID and iCloud when not connected to a Wi-Fi network.
How do I update my Apple ID settings on my Mac?
To change these preferences, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Apple ID, then select Overview in the sidebar. You see this button if your Apple ID settings need to be updated to allow use of new services or verify authorised access.