This method works on desktop or mobile browsers, so you can even use a Windows or Android device for this task with no issues.
- Step 1: Sign in to the Apple ID account management portal.
- Step 2: Select the device that you want to remove from underneath the Devices section, and then click or tap Remove From Account.
Why can’t I remove a device from my Apple ID?
If you want to remove a device, click Remove. If you can’t remove a device, sign out of your Apple ID on that device and try again. If you still can’t remove it, you might need to wait up to 90 days to associate the device with a different Apple ID.
How to Remove Your Apple ID from Your iPhone
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone. …
- Then tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen. …
- Next, tap iTunes & App Store.
- Then tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Next, tap View Apple ID. …
- Then tap Remove this Device. …
- Tap the back button to go back to your Apple ID page.
Sign in to appleid.apple.com,* then select Devices. If you don’t see your devices right away, click View Details and answer your security questions. Click any device name to view that device’s information, such as the device model, serial number, and OS version. The information might vary depending on the device type.
How do I separate my iPad and iPhone with the same Apple ID?
In the “iTunes in the Cloud” section, click “Manage Devices.” This will only appear if you have more than one device connected to your Apple ID. 5. On the Manage Devices page, you’ll see a list of all the devices associated with your Apple ID. Click “Remove” for any devices you want to disconnect.
How do I permanently delete a device from iCloud?
How to remove a device from iCloud using an iPhone or iPad
- Start the Settings app and then tap your account name at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to find the list of devices connected to your account. Tap the one you want to remove. …
- Tap “Remove from Account.” You’ll need to confirm you want to do this.
How do I disconnect my iPad from my iPhone?
How to Disconnect an iPad From an iPhone
- Open the Settings app on your iPad.
- Tap your Apple ID user name shown at the top of the Settings options menu to open your Apple ID settings.
- Tap Sign Out.
How do I clear my iPhone before selling it?
How to erase all data from your iPhone or iPad
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Now tap on General.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Reset.
- Choose Erase All Content and Settings.
- Tap on Erase Now.
- Enter your Passcode.
Can someone see my texts with my Apple ID?
If someone logs into your Apple ID on the web, they can’t see or send your iMessages. However, if on an Apple device, they can. All iMessages you send and receive, through either your Apple ID or phone number, past and future, will be viewed on another device once someone logs into your Apple ID.