How do I set up Microsoft authenticator on my new phone?
To set up the Microsoft Authenticator app on a new phone, follow these steps:
- Open your phone’s app store (Google Play or the Apple App Store)
- Find the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Install the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Log in to your Microsoft Authenticator account on the new device.
How do I install Microsoft authenticator app?
To set up the Microsoft Authenticator app
- Sign in to your work or school account and then go to your My Account portal.
- Select Security info in the left menu or by using the link in the Security info pane. …
- On the Add a method page, select Authenticator app from the list, and then select Add.
How do I get a QR code for Microsoft authenticator app?
Go to the security verification settings screen. For information on how to get to this screen, see Changing your security settings. Check the box next to Authenticator app then select Configure. This brings up a screen with a QR code on it.
How do I activate my Authenticator?
Set up Google Authenticator
- On your device, go to your Google Account.
- At the top, in the navigation panel, tap Security.
- Under “Signing in to Google,” tap 2-Step Verification. …
- In the “Add more second steps to verify it’s you” section, under “Authenticator app,” tap Set up.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
Can I install Microsoft authenticator on my PC?
Microsoft Authenticator app is now available for download from Windows Store for Windows 10 Mobile devices. Soon, this app will have a cool feature that you can use to unlock your Windows 10 computer over Bluetooth without entering the password. Just open the app and tap on a nearby computer.
How do I use Microsoft authenticator on my laptop?
On your computer, sign in to your account with your username and password. Select Approve from the Microsoft Authenticator approval notification sent to your mobile device. Sign in to your account on your computer using the Microsoft Authenticator app verification code sent to your mobile device.
How do I log into Microsoft Authenticator app?
Open the Microsoft Authenticator app, go to your work or school account, and turn on phone sign-in. When you tap on the account tile, you see a full screen view of the account. If you see Phone sign-in enabled that means you are fully set up to sign in without your password.
How do I fix Microsoft authenticator?
Steps to follow: Go the main menu of the Google / Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Go the phone Settings.
- Scroll down and click on General.
- Scroll down and click on Date & Time.
- Select Set Automatically to true.
- Close and reopen Google Authenticator / Microsoft Authenticator app.
How do I get an authentication code?
Get a code from Settings on your trusted device
- Go to Settings > [your name].
- Tap Password & Security.
- A message says “Account Details Unavailable.” Tap Get Verification Code.
How do I reset my Microsoft authenticator?
On your mobile device, open the Microsoft Authenticator app, and select Begin recovery. Sign in to your recovery account using the personal Microsoft account you used during the backup process. Your account credentials are recovered to the new device.