How do I get rid of someone else’s Apple ID on my iPad?
How to remove a previous owner’s Apple ID from a used iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Sign in to iCloud.com.
- Go to Find My iPhone.
- Select “All Devices” to open a list of devices linked to their account, and select the device to be removed.
- Click “Remove from Account”
Answer: A: Answer: A: If you are seeing this in the App Store/iTunes, it is safe to do the transfer. Another Apple ID was associated with the stores and you need to change the association to your Apple ID.
To fix this you have two choices:
- On one of the phones go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive, tap the ID, sign out, then sign back in with a different ID. …
- On both phones go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive and uncheck the email address(es) shown under “You can be reached by iMessage at”.
How do I remove an unwanted Apple ID from my iPhone?
How to Remove Your Apple ID from Your iPhone
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone. …
- Then tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen. …
- Next, tap iTunes & App Store.
- Then tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Next, tap View Apple ID. …
- Then tap Remove this Device. …
- Tap the back button to go back to your Apple ID page.
Remove your associated iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Tap Settings, tap your name, then tap Media & Purchases.
- Tap View Account.
- Scroll down, then tap Remove This Device.
What happens if two phones have the same Apple ID?
If you use all the same information, same Apple ID and don’t use the cloud, you will have all of each other’s information on both phones. The phones will mirror any information synced with Apple ID. You can use your phone number to use FaceTime on the iPhone.
How do you delete an Apple ID account?
How to delete your Apple ID account
- Log into Apple’s Data and Privacy website with your Apple ID. …
- Under the heading Delete your account, click the link to Request to delete your account.
- On the new page, select a reason for deletion from the dropdown box, then click Continue.
How do I separate two devices with the same Apple ID?
Sign in with a different Apple ID to create your new account. Choose Merge to upload your data. Once you are on separate accounts, you can each go to icloud.com and delete the other person’s data from your account.
Also set up Family Sharing to keep access to your apps/purchases. The easiest way to run 2 Apple IDs on one computer is to go to System Preferences/Users & Groups and create a new user account so that you each have your own account. That will keep, your data separate.
How do you turn off sharing between Apple devices?
iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch: Go to Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff. Mac: Choose Apple Menu > System Preferences, click General, then deselect “Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices.”
Remove your associated devices on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Tap Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID.
- Tap View Apple ID. You might be asked to enter your password.
- Scroll to the iTunes in the Cloud section, then tap Remove This Device.
Will a factory reset remove my Apple ID?
This will remove your iCloud account and disable Apple’s activation lock. … As long as you know your Apple ID and password you can recover your data after the factory reset.
Is there a way to remove Apple ID without password?
To remove the Apple ID that is signed to iCloud and Apple Store on your iPhone without using a password, follow the steps below. On your iPhone, open Settings > iTunes & App Stores. Click on your Apple ID, then choose the Sign Out option. The Apple ID will be removed.