How do I change my authenticator to a new app?
Open Google’s 2-Step Verification page in a browser and log into your Google account when it asks you. In the “Authenticator app” section of the page, click “Change Phone.” Choose the kind of phone you are migrating to and click “Next.”
Can I switch authenticator apps?
Yes, you can choose another two-factor authentication app without getting locked out of your accounts.
How do I restore my authenticator app?
On your mobile device, open the Microsoft Authenticator app, and select Begin recovery. Sign in to your recovery account using the personal Microsoft account you used during the backup process. Your account credentials are recovered to the new device.
How do I transfer my Authenticator app to my new iPhone?
To move your Microsoft MFA account to a new phone, follow these steps:
- Open the app on your old phone.
- Tap the three dots at the top right.
- Tap “Settings”
- Enable “Cloud backup”/”iCloud Backup”
- On your new phone, install the Microsoft Authenticator app and log in to your account.
- Select “Begin Recovery”
How do I log into my Authenticator app on my new phone?
Open the Microsoft Authenticator app, go to your work or school account, and turn on phone sign-in. When you tap the account tile, you see a full screen view of the account. If you see Phone sign-in enabled that means you are fully set up to sign in without your password.
What happens if I lost my authenticator app?
If you have lost or your phone was stolen, anyone may now generate new tokens using your Google Authenticator app. Yes, they are useless without the password but don`t take the risk and reset the Authenticator App in your Google Account 2-Step Verification settings.
How do I backup my Authenticator?
- Download and install Google Authenticator application on your new smartphone.
- Open Google Authenticator on your old Android phone.
- Tap the menu button at the top-right of the app and choose Transfer accounts.
- Choose Export accounts.
- Select accounts you’d like to transfer to a new phone and tap Next.
How do I remove the authenticator app from my iPhone?
To remove the app from a device using a personal Microsoft account, go to the two-step verification area of your Account Security page and choose to turn off verification for your old device.