How do I backup my Google Authenticator to a new phone?
- Download and install Google Authenticator application on your new smartphone.
- Open Google Authenticator on your old Android phone.
- Tap the menu button at the top-right of the app and choose Transfer accounts.
- Choose Export accounts.
- Select accounts you’d like to transfer to a new phone and tap Next.
How do I recover my old Google Authenticator code?
To do that, you must log into your Google account, and then go to the Google 2FA site, where you’ll be prompted to log in once again. Upon successful authentication, you’ll see an entry for Backup codes. Click the SHOW CODES button (Figure A). Retrieving your Google 2FA codes.
What happens if you lose your phone Google Authenticator?
If you have lost or your phone was stolen, anyone may now generate new tokens using your Google Authenticator app. Yes, they are useless without the password but don`t take the risk and reset the Authenticator App in your Google Account 2-Step Verification settings.
How do I change my Google Authenticator to a new phone without my old phone?
The old school way still works
- Install Authenticator on your new phone.
- On your computer, visit Google’s two-step verification site and log in to your Google account. …
- Click Change Phone in the Authenticator app section. …
- Open the Authenticator app on your new phone and tap Begin > Scan barcode.
Google Authenticator protects your Google account from keyloggers and password theft. With two-factor authentication, you’ll need both your password and an authentication code to log in. The Google Authenticator app runs on Android, iPhone, iPod, iPad and BlackBerry devices.