How do I become an authenticated user on Zoom?
Create an authentication profile
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
- In the navigation menu, click Account Management then Account Settings.
- Under the Security section, verify that Only authenticated users can join meetings is enabled and then click Add Configuration.
What’s an authenticated user on Zoom?
Authentication profiles allow hosts to restrict meeting participants and webinar attendees to signed-in users only, and even further restrict it to Zoom users whose email address match a certain domain.
What does it mean only authenticated users can join on Zoom?
The security option, Only authenticated users can join meetings from Web client, restricts meeting participants and webinar attendees to only signed-in users. This feature is useful if you want to restrict your participant list to verified users.
What is authenticated user group?
The Authenticated Users group includes all users whose identities were authenticated when they logged on. This includes local user accounts as well as all domain user accounts from trusted domains. … A Guest account is a built-in account on a Windows system that is disabled by default.
What is the difference between registration and authentication on Zoom?
Note: Participants joining meetings with registration must use the Zoom desktop client or mobile app. They will not be able to join using the web client. Choosing to not use authentication on your conference will allow anyone to join.
How to enable registration for a meeting
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Meetings.
- Click Schedule a Meeting or edit an existing meeting.
- In the Registration section, make sure to select the Required check box.
What is an external contact in Zoom?
You can add any external Zoom user as a contact by specifying their email address. After they approve your contact request, you will be able to chat, share images and files, and meet instantly. If you add an email address that isn’t associated with a Zoom account, they will receive an invitation to join Zoom.
How do I add users to my Zoom account?
How to add users on the web
- Sign in to your Zoom account.
- Click User Management then click Users.
- Click Add Users.
- Input the details for the user or users and click Add. An email will be sent inviting the user(s) to join your account. …
- Consult this article for more detailed information about adding users.
What is only allow authenticated users?
The Only authenticated users can join meetings option requires participants to sign in before they can join a Zoom meeting. … Note: If a participant does not have a Zoom account, they will not be able to join the meeting or webinar if this setting is enabled.
What is only authenticated users can join?
The Meeting Option: Only Authenticated users can join, will require participants to sign in first before they can join your Zoom session. It helps protect your meeting from intruders, as recommended by the NUS IT Advisories.
How do I enable two factor authentication on Zoom?
How to enable 2FA (admin)
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Advanced then Security.
- Under Security, click the Sign in with Two-Factor Authentication toggle to enable or disable it.
- If a verification dialog displays, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
How do I see authenticated users?
See Authenticated Users
- Connect to Fireware Web UI.
- Select System Status > Authentication List. A list of all users authenticated to the Firebox appears.
How do I create an authenticated user?
The process is fairly simple; users input their credentials on the website’s login form. That information is then sent to the authentication server where the information is compared with all the user credentials on file. When a match is found, the system will authenticate users and grant them access to their accounts.
How do I add authenticated users?
In the Properties window, click the Members tab, and then click Add. In the window that opens, click Advanced, and then click Find Now. Click the names of users that you want to add to the group, and then click OK. Authenticated users are not available.