How do I reinstall the Authenticator app on my new phone?
To move your Microsoft MFA account to a new phone, follow these steps:
- Open the app on your old phone.
- Tap the three dots at the top right.
- Tap “Settings”
- Enable “Cloud backup”/”iCloud Backup”
- On your new phone, install the Microsoft Authenticator app and log in to your account.
- Select “Begin Recovery”
How do I download the Authenticator app on my phone?
Download Google Authenticator on your Android device:
- Find the Google Play icon on your device and tap to open.
- Using the search function simply type in ‘Google Authenticator’ and tap the search icon.
- The app will display.
- Tap on the app icon and then the ‘install’ button.
How do I get my authenticator app back?
If you have your backup key saved, follow these steps to recover the access: Download the Google Authenticator app on your device.
If you haven’t saved the backup key but have access to your 2FA code
- Log in to your account.
- Go to Profile → Security.
- Select Edit Settings → Deactivate 2FA.
- Enter your 2FA code to confirm.
How do I get the QR code for Authenticator app?
Go to the security verification settings screen. For information on how to get to this screen, see Changing your security settings. Check the box next to Authenticator app then select Configure. This brings up a screen with a QR code on it.
How do I log into my authenticator app on my new phone?
Open the Microsoft Authenticator app, go to your work or school account, and turn on phone sign-in. When you tap the account tile, you see a full screen view of the account. If you see Phone sign-in enabled that means you are fully set up to sign in without your password.
How do I install the Authenticator app on my new iPhone?
Check the box for Authenticator app or Token, and then click Set up Authenticator app.
- Wait for configuration pop-up box. You should see a window on your computer that looks like this.
- Add account to Microsoft Authenticator. Open the Microsoft Authenticator app on your phone. …
- Approve sign in on your phone. …
- Finish set up.
How do I recover my Google Authenticator code?
If you lost your backup codes, you can revoke them and get new ones.
- Go to the 2-Step Verification section of your Google Account.
- Select Show codes.
- Select Get new codes.