Why do I have to wait 3 days to reset Apple ID password?
Answer: A: Answer: A: If you were able to use the password to sign in, that normally cancels the automated password recovery. The reason it takes 3 days is Apple now uses an automated system to provide greater security.
How do I reset my Apple ID password without waiting 24 hours?
Follow these steps:
- Go to Apple’s iForgot website.
- Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.
- Select the option to reset your password and hit Continue again.
- Type in your recovery code and choose Continue.
- Select a trusted device.
- Enter the confirmation code.
- Select a new password, then click Reset Password.
Why won’t my Apple ID let me change my password?
If you can’t change or reset your password
Go to iforgot.apple.com. Enter your Apple ID. Did you forget your Apple ID? Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
How do I reset my Apple ID password right away?
Use your own device to reset your password
- Go to Settings.
- Tap [your name] > Password & Security > Change Password.
- If you’re signed into iCloud and have a passcode enabled, you’ll be prompted to enter the passcode for your device.
- Follow the onscreen steps to update your password.
Why does Apple recovery take 24 hours?
For security reasons, it might take several days or longer before you can use your account again. We know this delay is inconvenient, but it’s important so that we can keep your account and information safe. Before you start the account recovery waiting period, try to reset your password.
Why does it take 13 days to reset Apple ID?
The 8 hour lock is expected behavior of the security system. This is indicative of the account being locked for 8 hours from resetting the security information. The 13 days is the length of time for Account Recovery.
How do I reset my Apple ID password without waiting for 13 days?
Just go to iforgot.apple.com and enter your Apple ID. If you remember your information and can sign in successfully, your wait period cancels automatically and you can use your Apple ID immediately. To cancel a recovery request that you did not make, follow the instructions in your email confirmation. “
What do you do when your Apple ID password doesn’t work?
- App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services – If you can’t connect. Some other things you can try. …
- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Try a forced restart.
- Reset Device. If necessary.
- Hard reset. Do a backup and try a factory reset. …
- Restore to Factory setting.
Can I delete my Apple ID and make a new one?
Answer: A: You cannot delete an Apple ID. But you can change an associated email address or create a new one.
Can you remove activation lock without previous owner?
Go to “Find My iPhone > All Devices” and select the device to remove/unlock. Step 3. Click “Erase [device]” and after erasing, click “Remove from Account”. Once the above steps are complete, the activation lock will be removed and you can use your own Apple ID.
How long does Apple ID recovery?
FYI, this recovery process can take as little as 3 hours. What makes it drag on is if your trusted phone number has changed since enabling 2FA, and you did not take the effort to to update your accunt. Also, if your method of payment has changed, including the CVV, and you do not update it in your Apple account.
How do you delete an Apple ID?
How to delete your Apple ID account
- Log into Apple’s Data and Privacy website with your Apple ID. …
- Under the heading Delete your account, click the link to Request to delete your account.
- On the new page, select a reason for deletion from the dropdown box, then click Continue.
How do I change my Apple ID?
Change your Apple ID
- Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in.
- In the Sign-In and Security section, choose Apple ID.
- Enter the email address that you want to use as your Apple ID.
- Choose Change Apple ID.