How do I change my mobile number on multi factor authentication?
To change the phone number you’re using for multi-factor authentication (MFA), begin the sign-in process. When prompted to receive a code at your current number on the screen below, click update your settings here and follow the prompts to confirm your email address and update your number.
How do I change my authentication code phone number?
Go to Settings > Security > Two-factor authentication and click on Manage. Click Change next to your phone number to update it. You will receive a text message with a verification code.
How do I change my MFA verification?
From the left panel, choose “Security info”. And click “Change” for the “Default sign-in method” on the right. From the “Which method would you like to use to sign in?” option, choose the verification method you want. Then click “Confirm”.
How do I reset my MFA authentication?
Resetting a user’s MFA details
- A list of All users appears. Search the list for, and click on, the desired user.
- The selected user’s Profile page appears. On the left-hand menu panel, under Manage, click Authentication methods.
- An option bar appears at the top of your screen. Click Require re-register MFA.
How do I change Azure MFA authentication?
To delete your device from your work or school account
section of the Additional security verification page, select Set up Authenticator app. Select Save.
How do I change my verification code for Outlook Mobile?
To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the Outlook website.
- Click on you profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen to open Account Manager.
- On the dropdown menu, choose My Profile.
- On the left side choose the Contact Info tab.
- Select the phone number you want to change then click Remove. …
- Click Add Phone Number.
How do I fix my phone verification?
Can’t verify phone number
- Step 1: Check your phone number. Make sure your phone number was entered correctly with the right country code.
- Step 2: Check for a good Wi-Fi or mobile data connection. …
- Step 3: Check that you can get SMS texts. …
- Step 4: Request a new verification code. …
- Step 5: Try fixing the app.