How do I reset an iPad that someone else belongs to?
On the device, go to Settings » General » Reset and choose Erase All Content and Settings. You will be asked to enter your passcode lock (if you have one set) and then confirm your choice.
Is there a way to reset an iPad without the Apple ID of the person that was using it?
iPad with Home Button: press and hold down both Home and Top (or Side) buttons on your iPad and wait for the recovery mode to appear. Step 4. Your computer will prompt if you want to update or restore your iPad. Click the “Restore” button to reset your iPad to the factory settings.
How do you reset an iPad that is not yours?
How do you reset an iPad that isn’t yours? If you want to reset the iPad back to factory defaults use Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content & Settings, that will let you set it up from new or restore to an iCloud backup (that won’t remove activation lock).
How do you reset someone else’s Apple ID?
Use the Find My iPhone app
- Open the Find My iPhone app.
- When a Sign In screen appears, make sure the Apple ID field is empty. If you see someone else’s user name, erase it.
- Tap Forgot Apple ID or Password, then follow the onscreen steps.
Can you factory reset a stolen iPad?
So a lost/stolen iphones/ipads cannot be used. Anyone can erase your device by restoring it in iTunes.
How do I reset my iPad to factory settings without the passcode or computer?
If you are now able to open your iPad, you can erase all of your data and return it to its factory default settings without connecting it to a computer. Ensure that your iPad is charged, or connect it to a power source. Open Settings; select General and then select Reset. Select Erase All Content and Settings.
How do you force a factory reset on an iPad?
How to reset iPad to factory settings
- Open your iPad.
- Go to Settings.
- In Settings go to Settings > General > Reset.
- Tap ‘erase all content’
- Enter your passcode.
- You’ll then be prompted to enter your Apple ID password. This will remove the Apple account from the device. …
- Just sit back and wait for the iPad to reset.
How do you delete an iCloud account if you don’t know the Password?
You cannot sign out of or delete an account without knowing the password. That’s basic account security. So you will have to recover the account and reset the password first.
How do I change my Apple ID Password without a trusted number?
If you lost / can’t reach the trusted device or phone number associated with your Apple ID
- Go to your Apple ID account page and enter your Apple ID and password.
- On the Verify Your Identity screen, select “Can’t access your trusted devices?”
- In the pop-up window, enter your Recovery Key.