How do I open the Microsoft Authenticator app on my phone?
Download and install the app
Google Android. On your Android device, go to Google Play to download and install the Microsoft Authenticator app. Apple iOS. On your Apple iOS device, go to the App Store to download and install the Microsoft Authenticator app.
How do I get a QR code for Microsoft Authenticator app?
Go to the security verification settings screen. For information on how to get to this screen, see Changing your security settings. Check the box next to Authenticator app then select Configure. This brings up a screen with a QR code on it.
Does Microsoft Authenticator work on Android?
The Microsoft Authenticator app is available for Android and iOS. You can use the app with a mobile phone or a tablet. Learn what it’s like to sign in and how you can backup and recover account credentials.
How do I connect my Authenticator app to my new phone?
To register a new device with the Microsoft Authenticator, follow these steps:
- Open your phone’s app store (Google Play or the Apple App Store)
- Find the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Install the Microsoft Authenticator app.
- Log in to your Microsoft Authenticator account on the new device.
How do I register a new device with Microsoft authenticator?
On the device you want to trust, go to the Security settings page and sign in to your Microsoft account. You’ll be prompted to verify your identity. Choose whether to receive the code through email, text, or an authenticator app. Once you have the code, enter it in the text box.
How do I turn on push notifications for Microsoft Authenticator on Android?
Set up the Microsoft Authenticator app to send notifications
- On the Additional security verification page, select Mobile app from the Step 1: How should we contact you area.
- Select Receive notifications for verification from the How do you want to use the mobile app area, and then select Set up.