How do I set up 2 step verification on Google?
On Your Android Smartphone
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Select Accounts.
- Select Add account.
- Select Google.
- Enter your Gmail account address and then select Next.
- Enter your Gmail password then select Next.
- Enter the code you receive, then select Next.
- Read carefully, then agree to the Terms and Conditions to continue.
How do I add authenticator to Gmail?
Set up Google Authenticator
- On your device, go to your Google Account.
- At the top, in the navigation panel, select Security.
- Under “Signing in to Google,” tap 2-Step Verification. …
- Under “Add more second steps to verify it’s you,” find “Authenticator app” and tap Set up.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
How do I set up Gmail without 2 step verification?
Turn off 2-Step Verification
- Open your Google Account.
- In the “Security” section, select 2-Step Verification. You might need to sign in.
- Select Turn off.
- A pop-up window will appear to confirm that you want to turn off 2-Step Verification. Select Turn off.
How do I activate two-factor authentication?
Go to System settings -> Security (1). Go to the 2-factor Authentication (2) tab and tick Enable 2-factor authentication (3). From the Using a QR code service (4) drop-down, select Google Authenticator. Click Save.
Google Authenticator is quite easy to use and the following steps will show you how to use it for Gmail. The steps are similar for other authenticator apps too. Open Google’s two-factor authentication page. Enter your password as and when prompted.
Google Authenticator protects your Google account from keyloggers and password theft. With two-factor authentication, you’ll need both your password and an authentication code to log in. The Google Authenticator app runs on Android, iPhone, iPod, iPad and BlackBerry devices.
How do I turn off 2 step verification on Gmail without phone?
How to Turn Off Gmail 2-Step Verification (Desktop)
- If you’re using a computer, you’ll first need to open the page for your Google Account.
- Head to the Security section, then select 2-Step Verification. Here, you may be prompted to sign into your account.
- Select Turn off, and you’ll be prompted to verify your choice.
What if you lose your phone with two factor authentication?
If you’ve lost access to your primary phone, you can verify it’s you with: Another phone signed in to your Google Account. Another phone number you’ve added in the 2-Step Verification section of your Google Account. A backup code you previously saved.
How can I recover my Gmail account without verification code?
After you wait for 48 hours, kindly use the account recovery form: https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery from previous logged in location/ip address and used device/computer for the account as Google will also check the location and used device/computer.
How can I recover my Google account without verification code?
Login to Google Account Without Verification Code
- Find a Device Where You are Already Logged in. This might not be a possibility for many people. …
- Try Logging in on a Trusted Device. …
- Try Logging in on a Familiar Wi-Fi Network. …
- Get Help from Google. …
- Setup Backup Codes. …
- Security Key. …
- Authy. …
- Add Recovery Email.
How can I get verification code without phone?
The Google Authenticator app for Android, iPhone, or BlackBerry can generate verification codes. It even works when your device has no phone or data connectivity.