The cheapest way of buying KPLC prepaid tokens – Buying tokens as from 1st – 8th of every month is the cheapest time to but Kenya power tokens since KPLC charges only KSh 18.80/KWHr then Payment 2 (between 8th – 14th), (between 15th – 21st), and lastly (between 22nd – 31st).
Why am I getting less KPLC tokens?
If the average consumption for 3 months is more than 100kwh, the consumer’s tariff shifts and they will be charged more. Likewise, if the average consumption for the 3 months is less than 100kwh, the consumer will then pay less for token units.
How much is KPLC token per unit?
KPLC electricity tariffs
Domestic consumers who purchase less than 10 tokens: Each unit is charged Ksh. 12.00. Domestic consumers who purchase over 10 units: If you buy more than 10 tokens at a go, then you will be charged Ksh. 15.80 for each.
How do I get more KPLC tokens?
- Go to your MPESA menu on the phone.
- Select lipa na mpesa then paybill.
- Type Kenya power paybill number 888880 then press OK.
- Now type your eleven-digit kplc prepaid meter number then select Ok.
- Type the amount depending on the quantity of tokens you wish to buy.
Why do KPLC tokens vary?
This is the money used for generation of electricity from thermal power plants. It varies monthly depending on the quantity of thermal generation and the cost of fuel. Varies according to the domestic and international inflation on cost of supply. It is adjusted after every six months starting from the 1st of January.
How much does 1 kWh cost in Kenya?
Kenya, March 2021: The price of electricity is 0.219 U.S. Dollar per kWh for households and 0.168 U.S. Dollar for businesses which includes all components of the electricity bill such as the cost of power, distribution and taxes.
Kenya electricity prices.
|Kenya electricity prices||Household, kWh||Business, kWh|
How much does it cost to install electricity in Kenya 2021?
However, the government came in and subsidised costs to make it easier and cheaper for an ordinary citizen to get connected to the grid. Old rates remained, and therefore you will pay a KPLC connection fee of Ksh, 34,980 for a single-phase and Ksh. 49,080 for a three-phase.
Where can I buy KPLC prepaid tokens?
How to Buy Kenya Power (KPLC) Prepaid Tokens via M-PESA Paybill Number 888880.
- Go to Safaricom SIM Tool Kit, select M-PESA menu, select “Lipa na M-PESA“
- Select “Pay Bill“
- Select “Enter Business no.“, Enter KPLC’s Lipa na M-PESA PayBill Number 888880 and press “OK”
How can I get free electricity tokens?
Free Basic Electricity (FBE) tokens
They do not have to venture out to shops during the lockdown period to get their FBE token, helping to protect them from unnecessary exposure to Covid-19. Recipients of FBE tokens simply dial *130*869# to receive the electricity that is due to them.
How do I unlock my KPLC meter?
1 Enter KPLC prepaid business number 888880 or 88888. 2 Enter your 11 digit meter number. 3 Enter amount between 250 and 35,000. 4 Enter your M-Pesa pin.
How do I buy KPLC tokens from USSD?
Buy Tingg tokens via Ussd
- Dial *369# from a Safaricom network enabled SIM card.
- Select Option 5: KPLC.
- Select Option 2: KPLC Tokens.
- Select your account from the list provided ( if unavailable, proceed and enter an account manually )
- Enter your amount.
How do I buy KPLC tokens with Equitel?
How to Buy Kenya Power (KPLC) Prepaid Tokens via Equitel
- Select Eazzy Pay from your Equitel menu. …
- Choose the bank account number to pay from e.g.0123456789102. …
- Enter your KPLC Prepaid Meter Number (e.g. 37168917674) press OK.
- Enter the amount you wish to pay which should be between Shs. …
- Enter your Equitel PIN and press OK.
How do I check my KPLC token debt?
To check your KPLC debt:
- Compose a new e-mail.
- Input kplc.co.ke in the send to box.
- In the subject field, add the first part of your account number. For example, if your account number is 987654-03, only put 987654. …
- After a few minutes, an automatic reply with your account details including balance will appear.
How do I check if my KPLC token is delayed?
To access SMS services from KPLC, dial *977# and go through the items provided to identify the most useful in taking care of your token delay issue. For instance, if you fed the token number into you meter but experienced a delay in token recharge, you can use this service to ascertain your token balance.
What is KPLC customer care number?
Please call our Contact Centre hotline numbers 97771 or 0703070707 or 0732170170 for service-related enquiries.